deniz

Closet Geeks and Slow Mo

Severed Stone: Souls of the Stones - The Split

Severed Stone - Kelly  Walker 1.5Stars

I haven't read any other books in this series and was excited to get approved for Severed Stone. I was hoping to get a nice intro into the series.
BUT the whole thing literally got busted for me with the writing style. I really didn't like it. It's written like a fable or a fairytale, just somehow I found the third person POV and once upon a time, really hard to connect to.

The storyline is much the same, a fairytale. It was rather predictable, I could have told you the outcome rather early on. I am not a fan of love triangle and here we had three men trying to get the interest of on girl. UGH! It was all spells, pride, lust and insta-love.

I couldn't connect to any of the characters. I am not sure if this is only connected to the writing style, since I found the male leads really narcissistic and was wondering what Ciorstan saw in any of them. To be honest I just couldn't care about any of them.

Saying all this I have read many good reviews about the series and am wondering if this is just the one off? So I might pick up Cornerstone to see what all the hype is about and hopefully like it more

ARC was provided by Publishers through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.