deniz

Closet Geeks and Slow Mo

Breathless (Elemental)

Breathless - Brigid Kemmerer
I started reading this series last week... Well I read them all in one go. Yep, you guessed it! I caught the Elemental bug!

The thing I like best about the series are the characters. And while I am one of those people, who thinks that many novella's these days are just a gap filler for the next 'proper' installment, I was totally taken by this one. It's my favorite novella of the series.
Because in a really short span Kemmerer managed to make me change my mind about Quinn, who I really didn't care for until now. And one finally get's insight into cool and collected, mysteriously quiet Nick. There were a couple of hints that there is way more to him than we seen in Spark. But actually reading his POV, brought home a new picture.

To be honest I am well aware that the series isn't great at plot. But Kemmerer great skill and building Character and writing each POV uniquely to the characters overrides any critique I could have about that. I simply don't care. Because each time I finished a book or a novel I went and grabed the next one.
And after reading Breathless? I am lucky enough to have the ARC of Spirit - so one guess what I am reading at the moment!) BUT truthfully? I am dying to read Siege

A must read of lovers of the series! A warning though, it will leave you with wanting more!

ARC was provided by Publishers through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank You!