deniz

Closet Geeks and Slow Mo

I just want more.

Only for Her - Cristin Harber

"Our path isn't pretty, and maybe we're still hovering near the starting point, but I'm the man you're supposed to be with."

Ever since I read Only For Her - which is over two weeks ago - I've been trying to write a review rather than a bunch of fangirling statements... And even after two weeks, I seem unable to do so.

So let's just look at this and be honest. I still stand with my initial reaction. And the fact that even after all this time and quite a few books I still feel like it, is a huge credit to the serial.

If you would have told me a couple of years ago that I shall be a teetering mess about a contemporary romance involving an alpha action hottie, I would have snorted - and doubted your sanity. This is me, I find a lot of contemporary romances a bit, well too romantic? Too much? Too been there done that... but Harber for some reason manages to write heroes I melt for. Storylines I adore, and smut... well.. smut that I can't resist. I think she could totally make me into a smut reader. Remember this is coming from someone who complains about too much smut in many romance novels....I don't read erotica, well it defo has too much smexy times in there... BUT Harber weeeellll.....she gets it just right.  And with the Only Series she definitely is officially one of my favorite romance authors.

Okay. I warned you. I am trying really hard not to fangirl here. It's difficult. Give me a minute.

So just like in the first instalment, I wanted to throw my kindle after finishing, it's frustrating to wait for the next release to say the least. But I still would read it on it's released day rather than waiting for all of them to be released and read them in one go.

Only For Her has answered many of the questions that I was left with. Not only that, I got so much more. I mean Grayson was cute before. Now. Now, he is absolutely and utterly hot.

Harber did not only an amazing job at bridging the gap that one was left with, but also did a fantastic job with the characters. We speaking several years later after all. These aren't kids anymore, a lot has happened for both of them, they have both changed. Harber made both MCs and where they are at, what happened all of that believable and also I totally could identify with both of their reasons.

In these last few days, I tried hard to take a step back from my personal response to Grayson and co, and just look objectively on the story line.  For me this it totally character driven.  Hence the fangirling. The character building being fabulously done and the great writing makes this a winner for me. So when I thought just about the story line? Well, it's a romance novel. It you star crossed lover situation, the best friends who became more, big misunderstandings...  and a couple of rather real life twists. A good story line, but nothing completely new. And to be frank, given the amazing characters and the writing- I don't really care, at all. That it is well paced, has some surprising twists and a connection to Harber's previous novels makes this all the more a great series to read.

Again, I can only recommend this to lovers of the genre and fans of the author. And as I said after reading Only For Him- if you not a fan of serials- wait until all the parts are released and read it in one go.

I am desperately waiting to get my hands on the next instalment. Because well, GRAYSON and all that, but also this has been left with a cliffy .... a minor one, on one level.. BUT  I need to know what happens next. Like RIGHT NOW.

Looks at her diary, takes a deep breath.

Just a few more days until the 14th.